Building capacity in the Aboriginal Disability Sector
AbSec is excited to be working on building capacity in the disability sector to increase the number of supports and services available to Aboriginal people with disability which puts them at the centre of decision-making about their lives and future. AbSec has been funded by the NSW Government to develop an Aboriginal Sector across NSW.
The Aboriginal disabilty sector development aims to:
- Support Aboriginal community controlled organisations to support Aboriginal people with disability in their community
- Build the capacity of an Aboriginal sector to meet the needs of Aboriginal people with disability across NSW
- Have an Aboriginal sector that is able to deliver in an individualised and person centred way.
Should you, or someone you know, be interested in this work, please contact AbSec.
For more general information, please download AbSec’s disability flyer.
For more information on the National Disability Insurance Scheme, please click here.
AbSec Disability Resources
FaCS NSW Government
- NSW Disability Standards—Standards in action
- Quality Management
- Third Party Verification
- Strategic Business Planning
- Human Resources Management—Chapter 5
- Risk Management—It’s your business Chapter 6
- NDIS Enabling Act
- Probity in Employment Policy for FACS Funded Disability Service Providers
- ADHC Systems Recognition Tool
- Disability Inclusion Act 2014 No 41
- NSW Key Performance Indicator (KPI) guide
National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Providers Page NDIS
- NDIS Pricing and Payment
- Registering as an NDIS Provider
- NDIS—Doing Business Online
- Transitioning Existing Providers to the NDIA
- Quality Assurance & Safeguards—NSW
- Early Childhood Intervention
- Examples of Services & Supports
- Evidence of Disability for Assessment
- NDIS Participant Planning
- Finding & Engaging Service Providers
- Reasonable & Necessary Support
- National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013
- Provider Registration—Guide to Suitability Requirements