Working at AbSec
AbSec staff form a small but hard-working and committed group. We look forward to welcoming new staff members as we grow in pursuit of our goals.
If you’re an Aboriginal person with experience in the child and family sector, and a passion for supporting our communities, this could be the perfect workplace for you.
We offer a number of benefits to our staff, including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Salary packaging allowing you to maximise your pre-tax income
- Standard 35-hour work week
- Additional annual leave to recognise NAIDOC Day and Sorry Day
Most AbSec staff are based in our office in Marrickville, in Sydney’s inner west. The office is easily accessible by train and bus, and there is car parking available in the area.
You should note a couple of things before applying to work with us:
- We are a child-safe workplace, and you will need to complete a Working With Children Check before commencing employment with AbSec.
- Some roles at AbSec are Indigenous identified positions, meaning only Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander candidates may apply for them. This is a genuine employment criterion in compliance with State and Commonwealth law.
- When recruiting for non-identified positions, we may still give preference to Aboriginal applicants, for two reasons: these applicants are likely to bring unique cultural knowledge and proficiency to the role; and employing Aboriginal people helps to reduce the gap in employment outcomes between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
There are no positions available at present. Please keep an eye on this page, as jobs will be posted here from time to time.