Working at AbSec
AbSec staff form a small but hard-working and committed group. We look forward to welcoming new staff members as we grow in pursuit of our goals.
If you’re an Aboriginal person with experience in the child and family sector, and a passion for supporting our communities, this could be the perfect workplace for you.
We offer a number of benefits to our staff, including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Salary packaging allowing you to maximise your pre-tax income
- Standard 35-hour work week
- Additional annual leave to recognise NAIDOC Day and Sorry Day
Most AbSec staff are based in our office in Marrickville, in Sydney’s inner west. The office is easily accessible by train and bus, and there is car parking available in the area.
You should note a couple of things before applying to work with us:
- We are a child-safe workplace, and you will need to complete a Working With Children Check before commencing employment with AbSec.
- Some roles at AbSec are Indigenous identified positions, meaning only Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander candidates may apply for them. This is a genuine employment criterion in compliance with State and Commonwealth law.
- When recruiting for non-identified positions, we may still give preference to Aboriginal applicants, for two reasons: these applicants are likely to bring unique cultural knowledge and proficiency to the role; and employing Aboriginal people helps to reduce the gap in employment outcomes between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Fixed Term (12 months)
Based in Marrickville office
The Communications Officer is responsible for developing, overseeing and executing strategic communications on behalf of AbSec and AbSec LDC. You will raise AbSec’s public profile and promote understanding of our objectives and activities both internally and externally.
Salary: SCHADS Level 5, $80,000 commensurate with experience
(not-for-profit salary packaging available)
To discuss this position please contact Leah Daly, phone 02 9559 5299 or email email@example.com
Interested applicants are required to address the essential criteria demonstrating their experience against each point, submit a cover letter (maximum two pages) and current CV (maximum five pages).
Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to PO Box 604 Marrickville NSW 1475.
Applications Close: 5.00pm Monday 29 April 2019